Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rounding up a loooonng year...

Reading and reflecting on these past posts of mine, the first thing that I notice is it is a reflection of my opinions, coming as a stream of thought rather than in the form of an essay. I've tried to fit the assignment to my personal style of thought/writing (possibly a tad more outgoing than me in person) and keep it exciting and attention grabbing. From my first post, 'Writing about Reading', to ' Unassigned Reading??? What's That?!?!?!?!' and the odd 21 posts in between I have become more comfortable with this form of self-expression and (I think) become a little more skilled at it.

Blogging has helped me to work with group members on projects and understand things I was confused on by questioning something and getting a answering post. Plus people's comments on my other posts have been beneficial to my writing technique...though not as much as they could have been because most of the responses are rather shallow and unoffensive (not that I want them to be offensive, just more constructive).

Recurring throughout my blog is the "all this is so new for me" idea. High School, Blogging, using computers for homework, going to public school, (etc) are all things suddenly dumped into my lap this year. In the song "New Beginning", by Trapt the lyrics "Do I see just one small chance to be myself/To try and make it last/Every step that I make", it expresses the new chances to be ones self...I think that may really be the motive (other than grades) behind this blog. Gone are the confining walls of Waldorf, demolished to let in the opportunities of High School. Computers are part of my assignments, no longer some foreign object disdained upon by the curriculum and rules of my school.

To think this new beginning has come to an end, which opens up to yet another new beginning. From Waldorf to OHS, Freshman to Sophomore and eventually Senior to Freshman again. These ends and beginnings are the rhythm of life, each a new opportunity and a new accomplishment. Now, to my first summer with my many new friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that was a good point, beginnings and endings... nice blog! :)

    ReplyDelete