Friday, March 12, 2010

Sooo...

As a start, the whole of chapter 31 utterly confused me. If figured out they are at Wopsle"s play, hough the transitions from viewing the play to Being back stage (?) is hard for me to discern. The particular part that mixed me up is, " 'Mr Waldengarver,' said the man, 'would be glad to have the honour."
Waldengarver?' I repeated--when Herbert murmured in my ear, 'Probably Wopsle.' (256)
Later on it continues," 'Gentlemen,' said Mr. Wopsle, 'I am proud to see you. I hope, Mr. Pip, you will excuse my sending round. I had the happiness to know you in former times, and the drama has ever been acknowledged on the noble and the affluent.' Meanwhile, Mr. Waldengarver, in a frightful perspiration, w as trying to t himself out of his princely sables." (257).

So, my question is...Is Waldengarver Wopsles alter ego, another actor or what????

No comments:

Post a Comment