Sunday, February 14, 2010

collaboration on dishonesty in TIBE

Well, for our groups third paragraph (mine), I wrote about the more direct references to dishonesty. For my first concrete detail I cited where Algernon and Jack talk about being truthful with ladies (29). This shows how Wilde sees society treating women. Second I wrote about Lady Bracknell and "undeceiving" Lord Bracknell (76). In a backhanded way this is talking about the lack of sincerity in marriage. Third and lastly is when Jack is about to completely confess the truth about 'Ernest' to Cecily and Gwendolyn (65). Jack says it is painful to tell the truth, and he has never been reduced to such a position . Wilde is making it plain he sees the truth as a thing seldom used in society and rarely expected.

Well this is all =D

2 comments:

  1. Hey friend how r u? nice to meet u, u hv a nice blog here,thk for sharing 6-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job linking the concrete details to the thesis without straying away from our topic. Now that I have seen your ideas i can write my paragraph so it will transition into your idea.

    ReplyDelete